Glen Moray’s known for exquisite whisky expressions. With a golden history of more than 120 years, Glen Moray started its journey in Speyside. The highlight of this brand is the curiosity and experimentation they impart on cask maturation and infusion of different flavours. This is a tradition passed on through time, old records of the distillery show the usage of different casks for spirit maturing. This technique wasn’t used primarily back in the early days but Glen Moray was definitely ahead of its time. Detailed knowledge of wood and the passion for experimentation has been passed down through generations of Glen Moray distillery.
‘Glen Moray is one of Scotland’s best loved single malt whiskies. It has been crafted since 1897 in the ancient town of Elgin, the capital of the Speyside whisky region, on what was once the Elgin West Brewery site on the banks of the River Lossie.’
By Glen Moray
The Collections of Glen Moray
Glen Moray is a brand inspired by its heritage and traditional values. Back in time, this brand had a wide selection of casks with intriguing production methods. Today’s Glen Moray generation has given its own twist and presented its creativity and innovation through a carefully sculptured collection. These collections portray the remarkable qualities of Glen Moray distillery.
- Classic – Single Malt, Port Cask Finish, Sherry Cask Finish, Chardonnay Cask Finish, Cabernet Sauvignon Whisky, Peated Single Malt Whisky.
- Heritage – 12-year-old, 15-year-old, 18-year-old, 21-year-old Port wood Finish, 10-year-old Fired Oak
- Curiosity – Madeira Cask, Rhum Agricole Cask Finish
- Signature Travel Retail – Classic, 12-year-old, 15-year-old
- Warehouse 1 – Barolo Finish, Tokaji Finish, Manzanilla Finish
- Private Casks – Private Cask Collection Marsala Finish
Warehouse 1 x Manzanilla Finish
This series exhibits the results of numerous experiments and cask adventures from behind the doors of Glen Moray’s famous warehouse. The new launch is just in time for the holiday season. Warehouse 1 Manzanilla Finish by Glen Moray is a fascinating expression that showcases the distilling team’s creativity and a fresh outlook. This whisky bonds the soft spey water of Glen Moray’s spirits with the sea-salt tang of Manzanilla sherry. This sherry is typically produced along the sea estuary of the Guadalquivir river.
“As distillers, this notion of “place” is endlessly fascinating, particularly as our home of Speyside is so much a part of the Glen Moray story. We started to wonder what would happen if we brought Glen Moray spirit and Manzanilla casks together? If Speyside met Cádiz in the barrel, what would the results be? Soft with salt? Citrus with herbaceous?”
By Iain Allan, Brand Ambassador of Glen Moray
The 2008 Manzanilla Finish is limited to only 1240 cask strength bottles. The ABV of this whisky is 54.6% and it is priced at £74.95 for 700ml.
Tasting notes by Glen Moray
- Colour -Burnished Gold
- Nose – Initially very soft, evoking sweet ripe pears, green apples and fresh-cut grass. Lively and vibrant, with background hints of chamomile tea.
- Taste – Clean fruit gives way to drier oak spice. A luxurious mouthfeel leads back around to the herbal characteristics first introduced on the nose.
- Finish – Long, lingering and savory, with characteristic Manzanilla salt accents.
For more information about the products, visit.