Speyside distillery GlenAllachie has released Batch 3 of its Cask Strength series, a 10-year-old single malt matured in five different kinds of casks, in addition to five more limited edition single cask whiskies.
GlenAllachie Cask Strength Batch 3 has been matured in a combination of first and second-fill ex-Bourbon casks, Pedro Ximénez puncheons, oloroso hogsheads and virgin oak casks before being bottled at 58.2% abv.
Said to contain notes of ‘dark chocolate, raisins, treacle and heather honey’, the whisky is available worldwide priced at £58.99 per 70cl bottle.
The details of the distillery’s new range of five single cask whiskies, available exclusively in the UK, are as follows:
- GlenAllachie 2008, 10 Year Old, Cask #586 (Marsala hogshead), 57.5% abv, 283 bottles, £85
- GlenAllachie 2007, 12 Year Old, Cask #3767 (Madeira hogshead), 60.8% abv, 289 bottles, £95
- GlenAllachie 2006, 13 Year Old, Cask #6580 (Pedro Ximénez hogshead), 60.1% abv, 323 bottles, £100
- GlenAllachie 2004, 15 Year Old, Cask #6213 (oloroso Sherry puncheon), 56.7% abv, 354 bottles, £110
- GlenAllachie 2006, 18 Year Old, Cask #4152 (Pedro Ximénez hogshead), 55.1% abv, 307 bottles, £135
The whisky releases coincide with the two-year anniversary of the distillery’s purchase by a consortium headed by former BenRiach MD Billy Walker.
Walker said: ‘A lot has happened and changed since we took over exactly two years ago… One thing that hasn’t changed is our dedication to selecting the finest casks from the stocks we’re fortunate to have…
‘Batch 3 of our Cask Strength series, and the new collection of five single casks, are wonderful examples of the exceptional whisky that can be found among our 50,000 casks.’
GlenAllachie also recently launched its first Wood Finish range, including an eight-year-old finished in a Koval rye quarter cask.